Friday, 12 June 2015

ANZAC Recount

ON THE VOYAGE OF HELL!

04_P01287_011-L.jpg

It’s 3:45am.  We were under the cover of darkness.  The water was like glass as we shattered it with the landing boats oars. Seeing the stars made me think of the last time I was in Aotearoa. It reminded me of happier times when I was last with my family.


All around me were soldiers vomiting,  I could smell their fear.  My heart was beating like a drum.  Pumped full of adrenaline. The smell was gut wrenching.  Soldiers right next to me were filling their pant.  It was not a pretty sight!!!

I heard the waves rush against the landing boats. It seemed quiet and peaceful.  Suddenly… BOOM! It was a spark from one of our Battleships. Bullets started flying  towards us as fast as lightning.  “AHHH!!! I’ve been shot” yelled Beau.  I was so angry.  I felt like it was my fault. I should have protected him.  I should have told him to get down.  I grabbed both our guns and stood up and started shooting at the Turkish soldiers.  Next  I felt a pain in leg. It felt like I had been  bitten by a great white shark.  But it wasn’t.  It was a bullet. It had hit me in my leg.


 Is my life over? I thought. How would Mum and Dad feel about seeing a soldier at their doorstep and telling them that their son was now dead. This thought filled me with courage and strength to keep on fighting.  Now I am on the voyage of hell!

By Caleb B.

Reflection

I am learning to write a recount. 
I'm so proud of my recount because I put a lot details in one place. 
It was tricky to put in paragraphs because I had never used paragraphs in my stories or recounts. My next step is to put more paragraphs in my recount.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have put a lot of effort into writing your ANZAC Recount. I am impressed with some of the descriptive words that you have used to make your writing seem real and the short sentences that add effect to your writing.